.b, pronounced [dot-be], is the UK’s leading mindfulness curriculum for 11-18 year olds in schools.
.b Mindfulness Training for Teenagers
New Courses Start on the 23rd April 2018 for 9 weeks.
April the 23rd/30th 14th/21st May 4th/11th/18th/25th June and the 2nd July.
@ The Salisbury Practice – Stockbridge
For bookings please use the contact form or call Amber on 07833695871.
.b stands for ‘stop and be’, a simple practice at the heart of this course. Each .b lesson is expertly crafted for use in a classroom style setting to teach a distinct mindfulness skill. The .b materials are designed to engage even the most sceptical of young minds.
.b is a fun, engaging and useful 8/9 week mindfulness course for young people, adapted from the adult courses Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction and Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy. It has been evaluated positively by the University of Cambridge and Oxford Brookes, and can be used in a wide range of contexts and age ranges.
What are .b’s objectives?
.b aims to give students mindfulness as a life skill. Students use it …
• to feel happier, calmer and more fulfilled
• to get on better with others
• to help them concentrate and learn better
• to help cope with stress and anxiety
• to perform better music and sport.
What .b ISN’T:
- Hippy dippy
Thousands of research studies have evaluated the effects of mindfulness training in many contexts, and they identify consistent potential benefits to adults’ psychological health and wellbeing, including:
- Feeling calmer and more positive
- Helping cope with stress and anxiety
- Improving concentration and focus
- Getting on better with others
Who would not be suitable to do the course?
- Those who have experienced recent bereavement or trauma
- If Mindfulness is contraindicated by mental health professional.